at GA Foods in St. Petersburg, Florida, United States
The team at GA Foods is seeking a skilled Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Ammonia Refrigeration for our corporate headquarters in sunny St. Petersburg, FL. The ideal candidate will have a strong background specializing in ammonia refrigeration systems, as well as a general industrial maintenance mechanic skill set. The Ammonia Refrigeration position is great for candidates who are seeking longevity and opportunities for advancement in their career!
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Ammonia Refrigeration offers support to the plant on either 1st shift (4am-2pm) or 2nd shift (2pm-12am) and is scheduled 5-6 days per week depending on production volume. This position will also be on-call one weekend per month on a rotating schedule.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Ammonia Refrigeration Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a variety of electrical and electronic equipment by repairing, servicing and replacing components such as relays, circuit breakers, motors, packaging equipment, timing, switch gears, wiring and circuit board repair and electronic connections
- Troubleshoot/retrofit/fabricate and optimize packaging line productivity
- May make repairs on electric power tools, lights, fuses and portable electric devices/equipment
- Grease and oil motors and production equipment
- Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors and motor starters
- Monitor and inspect ammonia system as required by federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain industrial dehumidifiers, including rooftop systems
- Understand and practice established safety procedures, including but not limited to PPE, LOTO, Hazcom, etc.
- Routine readings and recordings
- Maintain CMMS and order parts/inventory/recordkeeping as required
- Assist Maintenance Manager in inspecting completed repairs and preventive maintenance tasks
- Assist with cooking kettles/steam, filling, packing, freezing, and shrink wrapping as needed
- Will work with the following low and high voltages: 24 control, single-phase, and three-phase voltage
- Will work in varying temperatures (dry and cold storage)
- Additional duties to assist the needs of the location
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Ammonia Refrigeration Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in general & preventative maintenance and repair of industrial production equipment or other operating equipment
- 3-5+ years of experience working directly with ammonia refrigeration equipment
- Prior experience opening an ammonia system required
- Experience with boilers, conveyors, cooling tower pumps and chemical treatment, floats, coils, recirculating tanks/tanks, air compressors, evaporators/fan motors, liquid pumps, valve replacements, strainers, control starters, support mechanics, and etc.
- Understand Frick Quantum HD controls
- Knowledge of glycol systems
- Basic knowledge of HVAC controls
- Knowledge of pneumatics
- Knowledge of local codes and regulations
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - Ammonia Refrigeration Preferred Certifications:
- RETA certification
- Hazmat certification
- Valid FL Driver's License preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team to achieve tasks
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
For over forty-five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high-quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets itself apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and a One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.