at RedStone Construction Group Inc in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
The construction laborer performs tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other craft workers. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects; performs manual work in preparing surfaces for paving.
- Shovels bituminous concrete (asphalt) into construction areas.
- Assists in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix. Excavates and fills trenches and ditches.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks and hauls and hoists materials.
- May operate various types of heavy equipment with direct supervision.
- May be required to drive a company vehicle.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, safety director or HR manager.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- Results Driven.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 45 hours per week. Working hours may vary due to job necessity. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account