at RedStone Construction Group Inc in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
OPERATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The equipment operator operates a variety of equipment used in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads, highways, parking lots and other large site jobs. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operates heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
2. Properly follows company and OSHA safety procedures. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, superintendent, safety director or HR manager.
3. Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
4. Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
5. Assists in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices. Controls traffic at worksites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned.
6. Assists in training lower-level employees performing the maintenance and repair duties as required or assigned.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Decision Making.
3. Learning Orientation.
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
5. Results Driven.
6. Technical Capacity.
8. Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 45 hours per week. Working hours may vary due to job necessity. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work.
May be required to travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without noticeTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account