at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Are you passionate about designing sustainable infrastructure solutions and helping clients solve complex geotechnical problems?
Are you the go-to person on your geothermal and geotechnical projects, able to identify and properly apply the most-appropriate technical solutions? Do you want to help clients meet their sustainability and carbon reduction goals?
If you’re a senior geotechnical engineer with a specialization in geothermal design and a desire to grow a a team, this could be a great fit!
CDM Smith’s Geotechnical Engineer 7 is a U.S.-based technical and role responsible for executing and leading geothermal project in the US and globally. We are searching for a thought leader who is confident with clients, understands large-scale geotechnical/geothermal projects, seeks innovative approaches to solve challenges, and encourages employees to expand their expertise. This individual will collaborate with our sales team to identify and showcase our technical differentiators to drive growth.
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management, and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
We offer partial remote working schedules allowing for working from home and in the office. The position is based out of any CDM Smith US office.
As a contributor to CDM Smith’s transformational growth, you will:
- Provide leadership, management, and technical expertise for a wide variety of multidisciplinary geothermal projects.
- With high-level goals provided, lead teams to create engineering designs including: geothermal systems master planning & studies; conceptual and basis of design technical documents; analyzing horizontal and vertical geothermal bore field systems; detailed design of geothermal heating and cooling systems for sustainability/energy efficiency/renewable energy/green buildings focused projects.
- Designs systems of moderate to high complexity as necessary to meet client requirements. Reviews draft designs for compliance with federal, state and local regulations and signs off on completed designs. Ensures that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Position us ahead of challenges recognized in the marketplace, including pre-positioning for pursuits by identifying and showcasing our technical differentiators.
- Help expand the geothermal business to complement the other CDM Smith business lines.
- Perform site assessments, modeling and studies, as needed to ensure designs are aligned with industry standards and local requirements.
- Attending and presenting at conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm’s products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Recruit, retain, and mentor the best and brightest technical employees
- Anticipate, identify, and adopt new technologies that help our clients solve challenges
- Collaborate with other discipline leaders in the practice to cultivate innovative solutions, technologies, and research and development projects
- Embrace continuous improvement, drive a culture of quality, and meet commitments for sustained success
- Work with clients in the public, private, federal, and international markets
Civil Engineer 7
-Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline.
-Professional engineering (PE) license.
-12 years of related experience.
-Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
-Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis or Engineering Geology/Mining Engineering preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) in state of residence preferred
- Working knowledge of FLAC 2D/3D or Plaxis 2D/3D is a plus
- Experience in trenchless design, tunnels, or geo-environmental projects is a plus
- AEE Certified GeoExchange Designer preferred.
- IGSHPA Certified Geothermal Inspector preferred
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
-Self-directed, motivated, mission-driven with positive attitude
-Expertise in geothermal design, foundation design (deep and shallow), excavation support systems, dewatering, pipeline work, and solid waste
- Experience performing and/or overseeing geotechnical engineering analyses, evaluations, and calculations for geotechnical engineering studies and designs
- Experience providing engineering services during construction on projects involving earthwork, deep foundations, support of excavations, and other project types consistent with successful applicant’s expertise and pipelines