at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest® is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Security and Safety Coordinator to join the ArcBest team. The Security and Safety Coordinator collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement security and safety policies and procedures. This position coordinates the security and safety programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment. The Safety and Security Coordinator answers inquiries and provides information to the public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding activities conducted at the establishment and location of departments, offices, and employees within the organization.
Your contribution may include:
- Coordinate and direct building evacuations in emergency situations.
- Patrol buildings, and other related duties as assigned.
- Respond to incidents and provide accurate documentation including verbal and written reports of incidents to necessary personnel and/or authorities.
- Investigate reports of suspicious activities or disruptions occurring on property and notify proper responding authority.
- Alert police of any elevated threats that may occur.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and maintain appropriate visitor logs.
- Conduct safety and security checks of campus locations.
- Secure perimeter of campus buildings.
- Activate emergency response notifications as applicable.
- Operate and maintain security systems, access control, and CCTV recordings.
- Provide campus tours as needed or requested.
- Operate telephone system to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
- Collaborate with various teams and departments as needed.
- Respond to inquiries regarding CDC guidelines regarding Public Health crises.
- Be professional in appearance and in interactions with others.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Security and Safety Coordinator, you will be a member of the ArcBest Human Resources team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: High school diploma/GED, required.
Experience: Minimum, four years’ experience in law enforcement or security, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Prolonged periods sitting at a desk working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability