at Robert Half in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Description A well-respected firm in the Retail field is working with Robert Half to find a Senior Accountant with previous accounting experience. In this position, you will be in charge of preparing and consolidating financial statements, analyzing and reconciling accounts, analyzing cash flow, creating budgets and forecasts, and preparing audits, as well as managing internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Candidates need to bring strong analytical skills to the role and should be capable of handling challenging, fast-paced work environments. This Senior Accountant role is based in Rogers, Arkansas with a company in the Retail field. The person in this role will be well compensated and offered a benefits package and the opportunity for advancement.
What you get to do every single day
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Supply Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Delegate resources to Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- When working with business partners, ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls. Additionally, be able to provide support on special requests
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Assemble monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting Requirements
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- ERP system experience
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Deep understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- GAAP Accounting experience
- Foundational knowledge in general ledger
- Proven analytical skills – defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Proficiency with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Exceptional time management skills preferred
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – whenever you choose – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.