at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest® is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Mechanical Test Engineer II to join the ArcBest team. The Mechanical Test Engineer II is responsible for conducting advanced tests and evaluations on a variety of mechanical components and systems, ensuring they meet performance and safety standards. This position leads the design and construction of testing equipment and devices to facilitate effective testing procedures. The Mechanical Test Engineer II collaborates with design engineers and other team members to identify issues, make improvements, and ensure the overall quality of our products.
Your contribution may include:
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans, procedures, and protocols for mechanical components and systems, ensuring compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
- Design, build, and maintain advanced testing equipment and devices to support efficient and accurate testing of mechanical components and systems.
- Perform complex tests and evaluations on mechanical parts and systems, including but not limited to stress, thermal, dynamic, and impact tests.
- Analyze test data and generate detailed reports that outline the results, findings, and any potential issues or areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with design engineers and other team members to identify and resolve any design-related issues that may arise during testing.
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment, ensuring that it remains in proper working order and produces accurate results.
- Lead the development of testing methodologies and best practices to improve overall testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay current with industry trends, standards, and best practices in mechanical testing and engineering, applying this knowledge to improve the quality of our products.
- Participate in design reviews and provide feedback on the manufacturability, performance, and reliability of mechanical components and systems.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to optimize processes, reduce costs, and enhance product quality.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures, ensuring a safe working environment for all team members.
- Communicate with senior leadership regarding progress and possible roadblocks.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense, yet rewarding, environment.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Mechanical Test Engineer II, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technology Research and Development team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, required.
Experience: Minimum, three years’ experience in a similar role, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with CAD software, such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor, and PLC programming, required.
Additional Requirements: Experience in mechanical testing and documentation, required.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability