at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
The primary role of this position is to distribute materials throughout the production floor and is responsible for scanning, putting away product,and ensuring safe stacking and available space while operating powered industrial trucks. In addition, may ship and receive finished products, unfinished parts, supplies, and raw materials in the absence of shipping and receiving staff.
E SSENTIAL J OBS AND R ESPONSIBILITIES - C MP & INJ
1. Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies
2. Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near miss audits per month.
3. Move clean scrap cap gaylords to the regrind area.
4. Periodically check and fill color hoppers throughout the shift.
5. Pick all needed raw materials to the correct work center.
6. Update the blender data page as required.
7. Accurately weigh & record all scrap in designated collection points.
8. Scan and transport raw materials to the production floor and to the warehouse.
9. If scanning is not operational, may be required to complete manual IT forms.
10. Move any excess raw material to the warehouse; weighing it and scanning it into inventory.
11. Take scrap boxes to compactor and compact them.
12. Follow designated inventory location rules for proper rotation using F.I.F.O.
13. Responsible for scanning of raw material for production use and returning to inventory locations.
14. Responsible for scanning finished goods into inventory, wrapping when required and proper storage & stacking.
15. Participate in line clearance process
16. Promote safety by following all plant safety rules and report violations and unsafe practices to appropriate personnel.
17. Keep aisle ways clear.
18. Keep warehouse and staging areas neat and organized.
19. Sweep floors in warehouse/staging areas for raw materials.
20. Participate in the end of shift cleaning activities.
21. Participate in daily team meeting and shift to shift hand offs.
22. Perform daily pre-use check on powered industrial equipment.
23. Change material handler equipment batteries as required.
24. Operate a manual pallet jack.
25. Ensure product integrity is maintained at a high level.
26. Any other duties as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES - INJ
1. Assist in covering breaks.
2. Responsible to remove unused items – record and document scrap.
3. Stage materials in an orderly manner in designated locations throughout the plant with (tape, bags, corrugate etc.). Using a two man lift with anything over 35lbs.
4. Take bad pallets to shipping for recycling/return to supplier.
5. Periodically check and fill color hoppers throughout the shift.
6. Update the blender data page as required.
7. Collect scrap from work centers and properly sort into the correct receptacles.
8. Accurately weigh & record all scrap in designated collection points
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES - CMP
1. Stage boxes on conveyor for box maker.
2. Stage roll of bags to ensure continuous availability.
3. Stage tape and fill to ensure continuous availability.
4. Make and stage totes as needed on a line.
5. Stage box skids at the right of the box maker.
6. Stage empty gaylords for Printing.
7. Pull purge block and scrap cap gaylords
8. Transport purge blocks and dirty scrap caps onto the designated bay by regrind
9. Remove skids from the box maker located outside by fence.
10. Complete a “Lot Traceability” form when replacing raw materials.
11. Move product to isolation bay for C.E.C. (5FG004/5HSRCEC)
1. Must be able to walk, bend, stand and lift up to 35 lbs. throughout a twelve hour day
2. Read, write and speak English
3. Be able to obtain a Forklift License
4. Be able to obtain a Hand Truck License
5. Capable of using basic mathematics
6. Must be organized
7. Show the ability to work autonomously and in a team setting.
GED or High School Diploma required.
W ORK E NVIRONMENT
Food Safety – GMP Environment. Will be required to walk, bend, lift and carry materials <35 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/21293/material-handler-2nd-shift/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2023-21293
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Location : Address 106 DELTA PLACE