at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest Technologies family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Technical Consultant, Mainframe Systems to join the ArcBest team. The Senior Technical Consultant, Mainframe Systems participates in the support of AB Tech IT Systems and collaborates with other team members concerning status of projects, research, and problem determination and primarily provides assistance to AB Tech Information Services and Technical Services personnel through systems administration, resource configuration, research of new technologies and problem resolution.
The Senior Technical Consultant, Mainframe Systems position is a high-level position that requires significant proficiency in all duties related to the particular group as well as excellent communication skills and moderate leadership skills in regard to the direction and guidance of their particular area of expertise.
Your contribution may include:
- Provide system administration of mainframe and various other systems.
- Review and recommend software to assist with mainframe system administration.
- Provide support to Information Services personnel including, but not limited to, systems administration, resource configuration, research of new technologies, problem resolution and mainframe systems.
- Prepare reports to management team in the form of weekly status reports.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations for the mainframe systems area.
- Collaborate with various teams including Technical Services and Information Services.
- Establish backup and recovery strategies and procedures for mainframe systems.
- Develop training plans for new Technical Services personnel.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, Mainframe Systems, you will be a member of the ArcBest Tech Technical Services team in Fort Smith, AR. Generally, working hours will fall between 7:30 am – 5:30 pm with irregular and on call hours. A flexible working schedule of nine-hour workdays with one day off every two weeks may be available after six months of employment subject to approval.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience: Minimum, six years’ relevant experience, preferably in the AB Tech environment.
- Computer Skills: Comprehensive knowledge of z/OS systems, utilities, administration, and components. Basic understanding of server hardware and software, including Microsoft server products and Linux. Comprehensive knowledge of mainframe software, including COBOL, Assembler and JCL. Working knowledge of server hardware and software, including Microsoft server products and Linux. Working knowledge of network technologies.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account