at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
The Production (Shift) Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates the work of a production shift made up of operations, technicians and support employees and provides motivation and work direction in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include staffing, productivity, efficiency, scrap reduction, quality, safety and continuous improvement initiatives. Provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct and indirect reports. The shift supervisor fully supports and enforces policies, procedures and company initiatives in order to meet or exceed established standards.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for achieving plant Safety, Quality and Productivity goals.
2. Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near miss audits per month.
3. Ensure adequate personnel are present to cover shift requirements.
4. Provide supervision, motivation and work direction to the department.
5. Communication at beginning of shift with up-to-date production activity and attainment of scheduled orders related to ship dates.
6. Staff and maintain a fully qualified and efficient team to meet production objectives.
7. Create and maintain an environment that motivates employees to perform to their potential by coaching employees in proper teaming methods.
8. Assign work and provide technical assistance to meet production, scheduling, and inventory requirements.
9. Organize and coordinate interaction with molding; assuring that machines, tools and facilities are available to meet production requirements.
10. Coordinate all production, maintenance and engineering activities that affect production lines.
11. Perform daily production reviews/analysis to determine status against production targets.
12. Lead teams and complete special projects as required.
13. Report EFF and MEFF as required.
14. Perform payroll functions for personnel including scans/time and attendance.
15. Maintain performance reviews and make recommendations on wage adjustments, promotions or terminations.
16. Approve bi-weekly payroll and complete of all related paperwork.
17. Monitor temporary staffing to include safety, job performance and weekly payroll approval.
18. Accountable for the safety of all employees for whom they are responsible through active engagement in safety activities and provide clear, consistent communication of safe work expectations.
19. Supports and investigates situations in which line/equipment stoppage occurs due to perceived, imminent safety risk.
20. Completes responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
21. Actively leads risk assessment activities for their area of responsibility by driving prioritized corrective and preventive actions to eliminate/reduce environmental, health or safety risks.
22. Lead all required meetings with safety (i.e. Pre-shift, Department, Change Management, General communication, Town Hall, etc…)
23. Completes incident investigations, root cause analysis and implements corrective actions accordingly in a timely and thorough manner.
24. Ensures the proper training and development of all assigned employees for whom they are responsible.
25. Sets goals for their organizational unit; achieves goals and ensures that all employees understand and work toward achieving goals.
26. Motivates and coaches employees through good communication and frequent performance feedback. Identifies and coordinates additional training as needed. 27. Any other duties as assigned.
CONTRIBUTION TO SAFETY, QUALITY AND GMP
1. Maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace by ensuring adherence to safety standards.
2. Conduct required safety reviews of equipment and processes prior to project start-up.
3. Support the accomplishment of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
4. Supply accurate and timely data as required by performance tracking and reporting.
5. Apply resources in a manner which maximizes their effectiveness while assuring quality.
6. Maintain a work environment which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
7. Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance of you and your team’s work.
8. Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
9. Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
10. Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work.
11. Oversee work to ensure projects are completed.
COMPETENCY AND EXPECTATIONS
1. Safety Leadership – Embodies commitment for a safe workplace; acts as a role model.
2. Accountability – holds self-accountable evidenced by say/do ratio, initiative and ownership actions such as ensuring safety is more important than productivity). 3. Communication – ability to communicate safety, goals and company expectations with appropriate levels of the organization; create clear, timely audience appropriate messages (both written and verbal)
4. Engagement – communicate and support the vision of plant leadership; celebrate the wins and ensure employees actively participate in safety-related activities.
5. Team Development – understand the development needs of employees in your organization; drive the culture of employees as safety leaders; champion talent development from pre-hire to continuous learning.
6. People Agility – understand personal strengths and weaknesses; leads by example; promotes change through listening skills and seeking frequent input from employees; is genuine and approachable; firm but fair – consistent.
7. Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; mitigates relationship conflicts and encourages constructive (problem-solving) conflict.
1. Strong organizational and communication skills
2. Basic working knowledge of Excel and Word Software
3. Must read, write, and speak English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years as a Manufacturing Supervisor.
2. Preferred: 5 years’ experience as Supervisor in manufacturing. Plastics industry a plus.
Food Safety and GMP.
Regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials <35 pounds (not repetitive) through plant in order to function in the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/20650/production-supervisor/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2023-20650
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Location : Address 106 DELTA PLACETo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account