in Faulkner County, AR
Minimum 18 yrs. of age or older. Must pass background check and drug screen.
Must have ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language and to make entries on reports and records. Experience operating a truck, tractor or heavy equipment preferred.
Successful completion of a work simulation examination and a medical-physical examination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain control of grass and weeds by mowing using large tractors and gang mowers frequently.
* Perform landscape maintenance and tree cutting on the highway right-of-ways and at facilities using industrial weed-eaters, brush hooks, chainsaws, pole saws, limb saws and other small power equipment frequently.
* Operate single-axle dump truck hauling highway construction or maintenance materials frequently.
* Use power equipment as well as small hand tools (such as shovels and rakes) frequently to make repairs to highways.
* Load, unload, and stack bags of salt, sand, cement, chemicals, etc. frequently.
* Pick up litter (including large tires, dead animals, garbage, etc.) frequently.
* Flag traffic frequently.
* Assist crew members in setting up, moving and taking down signs and cones for work zones.
* Respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week (such as natural disasters, severe weather, traffic accidents, etc.) occasionally.
* Work during ice and snow removal operations occasionally.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform regular servicing and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
Hours are: 4 days/wk 6:00am to 4:30 pm. Will travel but home every night.