at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest® is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Corporate Counsel – Securities to join the ArcBest team. The Corporate Counsel – Securities provides general corporate and securities law support, including, but not limited to, supporting the Company’s reporting and disclosure obligations under applicable securities laws and regulations. This position also requires specialty legal work and various other assigned projects.
Your contribution may include:
- Research and interpret statutes, rules, regulations and case decisions applicable to securities and governance for public companies.
- Review all Section 16 reports prior to filing and coordinate with the Manager – Corporate Services, who has responsibility for the Section 16 program, to address legal issues as needed.
- Support ArcBest’s annual meeting process, including support with respect to the annual proxy statement, shareholder proposals, third-party proxy service providers, the annual report/proxy distribution process, the planning and execution of the annual meeting, and the annual D&O Questionnaire process, in coordination with the Deputy General Counsel and the Manager – Corporate Services.
- Support ArcBest’s periodic and current reporting requirements, including matters related to 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K filings.
- Review, negotiate, draft and memorialize contracts.
- Advise business personnel regarding risks and how to minimize such risks.
- Collaborate with employees in various departments and subsidiaries to achieve corporate goals, objectives and mission.
- Perform duties in a team structure.
- Build productive formal and informal working relationships and information channels in a wide range of functions, and at a wide range of levels, within and across the organization.
- Address client issues or requests in a timely manner; use time management efficiently to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Keep tasks organized and be able to re-prioritize tasks on short notice to meet business needs.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate level of focus on each task.
- Exercise discretion in determining what information is relayed via written or verbal communications; ensure that conversations and sensitive legal issues take place in confidential setting; and understands the types of information that constitute “material non-public information” and ensures such information is safeguarded and only shared with those who have legitimate need to know.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Corporate Counsel – Securities, you will be a member of the ArcBest Legal team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: JD Law degree from an ABA accredited law school, required.
Experience: Minimum, two years’ experience as an attorney. Prior securities, governance, and/or corporate legal experience, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of the public company regulatory obligations and governance best practices.
Certifications: State license to practice law, required.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability