at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
This job requires the ability to troubleshoot problems with various production and production related equipment. This is a Night Shift 12 Hour scheduled Position. Rotating on 4 days a week and then 3 days week calendar.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies.
2. Basic ability to read industrial blueprints and basic blueprint symbols.
3. Ability to set and measure various tooling heights, positions, differences, etc. using precision measuring instruments, gauges, standards, etc.
4. Facilitates repairs to most mechanical items on all equipment in the department. Operate and repair the equipment & complete quality checks on the parts. Responsible for overseeing materials and completing color changes, running regrind, etc.
5. Good mechanical aptitude, ability to work with various manual and powered hand tools and some shop equipment, ability to work to close tolerances, ability to do correct and timely repairs, follow-up to insure proper operation of equipment and replacement, repair or rework of all used parts.
CONTRIBUTION TO QUALITY, SAFETY, AND GMP
1. Conducts required safety reviews of equipment and processes prior to start-up.
2. Support the accomplishment of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
3. Supply accurate and timely data as required by performance tracking and reporting.
4. Maintain a work environment which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
5. Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance of your work.
6. Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
7. Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
8. Complete a minimum of 2 Near Misses & 2 Observations per month.
E DUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. GED or High School Diploma required
2. For individuals interested in career advancement, Industrial Technology Program available through National Park College
W ORK E NVIRONMENT
Food Safety/GMP Manufacturing Environment
Regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials <35 pounds through plant in order to function in the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/20216/mechanic-i/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2023-20216
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Location : Address 106 DELTA PLACETo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account