at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm. Our firm is responsible for large-scale flood protection projects, water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, and industrial facilities. As a Structural Engineer at CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to grow your career as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Transportation, and Water in the United States and beyond.
We offer partial remote working schedules.
The Structural Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead project teams of structural engineers and drafters.
- Prepare scope of work and budget estimates and monitor progress.
- Forecast workload and schedules.
- Develop structural design criteria for projects.
- Analyze and design structures for flood protection, and other facilities.
- Prepare structural design calculations and check calculations prepared by others.
- Direct the development of structural drawings and models. Coordinate design with other disciplines.
- Review or write specifications. Develop new specifications as needed.
- Perform engineering services during construction, including review of shop drawing submittals and response to contractor questions.
- Conduct condition assessments of existing structures and prepare reports.
- Manage tasks on large projects or manage several medium sized projects.
- Meet budgets and schedules on assigned projects while maintaining quality.
- Participate in new business development.
- Act as a mentor for junior staff.
Structural Engineer 6
-Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Architectural or Structural -Engineering or related discipline.
-Professional engineering (PE) license.
-10 years of related experience.
-Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
-Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- In addition to experience in structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures, experience in structural steel, reinforced masonry, and foundations.
- Experience in design of concrete dams, canal, lock, and gate structures.
- Experience designing structures for water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and application to design situations.
- Expert knowledge of engineering analysis/design software (e.g. Revit, STAAD, RISA).
- Experience in structural condition assessments.
- Prior supervisory experience.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in design of floodwalls and related structures to USACE standards, including stability analysis of concrete structures, retaining and flood walls, and design of pile groups and foundations.
- Expert knowledge of engineering principles of design.
- Ability to arrange/layout structural systems and elements for strength, stability, constructability, and construction economy.
- Knowledge of structural and engineering applications (STAAD, RISA, Enercalc, MathCad).
- Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft business software (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.