at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Student Worker, Yield to join the ArcBest team. The Student Worker, Yield supports the Pricing and Supply Chain Analytics and Administration teams.
The Pricing and Supply Chain Analytics team is responsible for evaluating business opportunities on behalf of existing and potential customers. They analyze freight profiles, projected volume, system lane balance, competitive bids, and other factors to support multiple ArcBest business unit objectives and grow corporate yield. The Pricing and Supply Chain Administration team supports various pricing functions including the publication process, reporting, developing SOPs, and ad-hoc projects.
Your contribution may include:
- Perform special projects.
- Review specific customer accounts to determine changes in price, shipment handling, and other operational considerations in order to reduce costs and increase revenues to ensure maximum profitability.
- Conduct impact assessments including rates and transit times, projected costs, rate comparisons, and price change analysis.
- Communicate pricing publication instructions to the ArcBest Database team.
- Work in a team setting to collaboratively accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Student Worker, Yield, you will be a member of the ArcBest Yield: Pricing team in Fort Smith, AR. This is a part time position that will average fewer than 30 hours per week. Typical hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on school schedule and workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, related field preferred. High academic achievement, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office. Excellent Excel spreadsheet and reporting skills.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account