at CDM Smith in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management, and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
We are seeking a leader who will help our technical staff adopt and embrace technology tools for design and project delivery for our clients. You will contribute to our firm-wide BIM strategy and standards, organize BIM workflows and digital design methods, and drive user adoption, training, and implementation. If you’re passionate about the built environment and helping others apply the potential of this rapidly advancing technology, our position is a great opportunity to help shape our virtual design and construction program.
We would prefer someone to be based out of one of our offices in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Maitland or Phoenix. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As a BIM/Revit Trainer, you will:
- Oversee BIM/Revit standards, templates, and standard library content.
- Implement BIM operations best practices, and guidelines to support and improve current VDC workflows.
- Provide just-in-time training.
- Develop and maintain training documents and software utilization workflows to clearly communicate, support and enhance best practices in the proper use, optimized execution, and ongoing integration of current/new tools and techniques.
- Support project managers and project technical leaders to identify the appropriate BIM Coordinator for project execution.
- Serve as a BIM Coordinator for projects.
- Support day-to-day activities of BIM Coordinators, including resolving BIM/Revit design and coordination issues.
- Promote integration tools to increase efficiencies in the project delivery process.
- Stay informed on industry best practices for virtual design and project delivery to enhance productivity and project performance.
- Support adoption and use of virtual design software incorporating latest version releases and customization of product deployments.
Building Information Modeler (BIM) 5 – BIM/Revit Trainer
- High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and intelligent modeling.
- 9 years of related experience.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Proficiency in Revit, Autodesk Construction Cloud, Navisworks, AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
- Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit.
- Familiarity with Dynamo, Forge, Python, or other BIM applications.
- Familiarity with ProjectWise, SharePoint, PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience preparing process mechanical models using Plant 3D.
- Experience preparing civil infrastructure models using Civil 3D.
- Experience preparing transportation infrastructure models using OpenRoads Designer.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses an advanced working knowledge of core BIM/CADD applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and multi-discipline experience in planning, designing, and constructing large-scale projects.
- Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with employees effectively, persuasively, and tactfully at all levels.
- Ability to leverage a matrix organization to build relationships and drive desired results.
- Excellent communication skills in a coaching and / or training atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to be a flexible team player and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful co