at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
Working Location: TENNESSEE, BARTLETT
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
This position directs and controls all activities related to Outbound distribution: Oversees the daily operations of the small parcel pick pack department ensuring work is completed in an effective, efficient, and timely manner. Ensures procedures are followed to prevent against loss or theft. Ensures proper product handling, turnaround times, inventory accuracy, safety procedures and company policies are adhered to by the distribution staff. Runs reports to monitor groups performance and report on results to Management. Work as back-up to support Distribution Supervisors.
- Directs and controls the activities of the Distribution Staff, who are responsible for: Processing products within the warehouse to provide the most efficient process for picking and packing orders for shipment for all divisions. Picking and packing of all orders in a timely manner while following all customer specific and business group requirements. Shipping product within set timelines and properly completing all necessary paperwork as required.
- Performs a variety of supervisory duties to ensure the timely and efficient completion of work.
- Plans and schedules work to meet anticipated work volumes and shipping deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with existing operational policies and procedures.
- Develops recommendations for improving existing operational policies, procedures, and processes.
- Addresses and resolves disciplinary problems.
- Makes recommendation on personnel issues and problems.
- Trains new employees.
- Accounts for all orders as directed.
- Completes monthly reports for each department on work volume. Runs status reports indicating number of orders to be picked, which is used to follow up, and set work priorities.
- Researches records in the computer system to track the location and movement of products.
- Prepares reports on inventory discrepancies to management to describe the nature of problems noted.
- Maintains files (i.e., bills of lading, export documents, etc).
- Contacts common carriers to come in to pick up products ready for shipment. Communicates with carriers on service issues.
- Ensures the distribution center is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Reports problems with material handling equipment. Ensures that equipment is properly maintained.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related job with supervisory responsibility.
- Strong organizational and verbal skills.
- Evidence of leadership ability.
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing distribution and related processes systems.
- Knowledge of carrier scheduling and planning.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Strong PC Skills Proficient in MS Excel Word.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with diverse population as well as employees and managers at all levels.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks – so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Tennessee (US-TN) || Bartlett ||To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account