at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Trade Compliance Specialist to join the ArcBest team. As a member, you will embrace and then instill the Corporate Values and Strategies within the Customer Solutions work stream. This position also functions as an essential point of contact for customs support for both internal and external customers. In general, this position will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of solutions that fulfill customer specific demands that are considered strategic in nature.
Performing in this role requires vision, ambition and a strong desire to succeed. In addition to creating processes, prioritizing workload and providing on-going training, the position requires the ability to effectively communicate with the leadership, such as upper-level management, directors, and vice presidents. Intermittent travel will be required to support the departments goals and objectives. This will include public speaking engagements.
Your contribution may include:
- Assisting with developing and standardizing all trade compliance procedures across the ArcBest organization
- Performing daily activities, such as regulatory reporting, compliance training and support, auditing procedures, and brokerage invoice consolidation.
- Facilitating the movement and compliance of international shipments
- Instructing office personnel and drivers on proper customs reporting procedures
- Effectively distributing and prioritizing workflow to maximize efficiency
- Serving as a liaison between the ArcBest headquarters and remote campuses
- Working in a team setting to accomplish department goals
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
As a Trade Compliance Specialist, you will be a member of the ArcBest Customer Solutions team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with occasional irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
Experience: Minimum, 2 years’ experience at ArcBest or in a similar procurement role outside of ArcBest, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior knowledge of trade compliance, regulations pertaining to international freight movements.
- Knowledge of penalty mitigation processes for CBP and CBSA; international supply chain security programs, regulations, and laws; operating companies and products and services they provide.
- Knowledge of various departments, and service center office policies, procedures, and systems, preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Collaborative – Ability to work with others to find solutions.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Creative – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented – Desire to serve both external and internal customers by focusing effort of meeting the clients’ needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills. Pays meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Integrity – Must be honest and have strong moral principles.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability