at Centennial Bank in Atkins, Arkansas, United States
The Teller I conducts transactions with speed, accuracy, and efficiency while meeting or exceeding service quality standards. Safeguard bank assets assigned to them. The Teller I contributes to the growth of the bank by promoting and cross-selling bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives, pays out cash, handles negotiable items, loan payments, deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
2. Sets up, closes and balances teller station.
3. Records sales of monetary instruments.
4. Assists customers with inquiries in person or by telephone.
5. Maintains neat and well stocked teller area.
6. Cross sells bank products and services.
7. Follows limits established for protection of customer accounts and bank safety and soundness.
8. Adheres to bank policies and procedures.
9. Lift coin bags up to 50 lbs.
10. Assists with balancing Vault, ATM, Night Drop, and Coin Machine as assigned.
11. Assists with proper scanning of bank documents and proof work.
12. Exercise judgment when applying holds and making check cashing decisions.
13. Cross train to be available to open basic new consumer accounts.
14. Adheres to work schedule. Must be flexible in availability for work schedule.
15. Maintains positive, friendly and professional attitude and appearance.
16. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
17. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out simple multi-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with limited variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. No supervision.
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; an. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.