at Americold Logistics, LLC in Russellville, Arkansas, United States
Location : Name
Russellville El Mira
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Shift Start Hours
Shift End Hours
Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Responsible for supporting the direction, coordination, and evaluation of product movement and customer service. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems by performing the duties through subordinate supervisors.
* Ensure budgeted revenues, expenses, and targets are met.
* Ensure sales and business development initiatives are met.
* Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI's related to all aspects of product handling and customer service.
* Work with General Manager to develop annual facility budgets.
* Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance with food safety and occupational safety laws and guidelines are followed.
* Set and achieve housekeeping standards that are a model of orderliness and cleanliness and meet standards and procedures for maintenance related functions.
* Model best safety practices in the industry to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
* Set and meet claims targets and ensure the security of the facility(s).
* Build positive relationships with customers.
* Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Submit various required and defined reports on a timely basis.
* Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for perishables.
* Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
* Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise.
* Assign projects within scope of responsibility.
* Recruit, hire, train, appraise, and coach supervisor-level team members.
* Ensure compliance with employment laws.
* Monitor progress towards department goals. Provide reports.
* Review orders or schedules to ascertain product data.
* Ensure compliance with all company policies, as well as all Federal, State and Local OSHA regulations.
* Prepare operational schedules and coordinate activities. Establish priorities and sequences for products.
* Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities. Conduct quarterly safety training.
* Support the Company Performance Management Program (PMP).
* Inspect machines and equipment. Review operating reports. Resolve operational / maintenance issues.
* Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices. Observe workers to ensure compliance.
* Ensure compliance with all transportation and safety regulations.
* Manage the site sanitation program.
* Report on-the-job injuries and accidents. Facilitate modified duty assignments.
* Other duties as requested.
What Experience You Need
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5 years supervisory experience
* Associate's Degree (A.A.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to manage supervisors and employees.
* Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
* Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
* Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
* Receptive to management development... For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and Drug Free Workforce