at The Hershey Company in Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Intern Category Management (Fall 2023)
Feb 27, 2023
Duration: June 2023 - December 2023 (FT Summer, PT Fall)
We are seeking top talent that has a passion for winning and making a difference. The Hershey Category Management Intern position provides a launching pad for our future sales leaders. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our customers while analyzing shopper data and insights to build selling stories and develop business acumen skills.
The Hershey Category Management department analyzes data to understand the present and impact the future. This position has the ability to influence the marketplace by making strategic recommendations that include/but are not limited to item assortment, product placement, promotions and displays.
* Develop specific Category Management projects/reports to support Hershey sales goals at Walmart
* Develop fact-based analysis of customer business trends utilizing a variety of data sources
* Utilize Hershey business systems to identify key selling opportunities for Walmart (ie, Nielsen, IRi, Luminate, Space Management, etc.)
* Analyze sales information regarding key category programs & promotions (Seasons, Summer, Smores, etc.)
* Identify & develop new processes to enhance the Hershey Advisor Team which includes creating efficiencies among cross functional teams and departments
* A current undergraduate with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher (preference is 3.2 or higher)
* Sophomore or Junior as of Summer 2023
* Majors in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Analytics & Mathematics are highly preferred, but others will be considered
* Demonstrated leadership & academic achievement in student & extracurricular activities
* Energy & passion for winning
* Adaptability & ability to work independently
* Professional communication skills
* Strong analytical & problem-solving ability
* Customer service orientation
* Effective planning & organizing skills
* Previous internship and/or sales experience is a plus
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel & PowerPoint
This position will be part time during school (20-25 hrs per week required) and full time (working 40 hrs a week) throughout the summer. The duration of the internship is dependent upon the student's performance, with the goal to finish upon the student's graduation (ie, multiyear internship possible). Successful interns will interview for full-time, entry level Retail or Analyst level positions within The Hershey Company upon completion of the program.
Nearest Major Market: Fayetteville
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans