at Leonardo DRS, Inc. in West Plains, Missouri, United States
Job ID: 106203
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
DRS Land Systems is seeking a Technician I Manufacturing to provide technical support to engineers and scientist on complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment. The primary goal of this position is to support the successful completion of Production Acceptance Tests for assigned product lines.
- Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsibilities may include facilitating testing, troubleshooting failure modes, and coordinating repair activities as required on complex electromechanical systems.
- Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, test plans, technical orders, engineering specifications and sketches
- Test prototype assemblies and production units
- Capable of coordinating related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
o Meet production deadlines
o Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
o Raw material stock levels
o Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to read, and possibly develop, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination
- Must be able to facilitate testing, troubleshoot failure modes and coordinate repair activities required on complex electromechanical systems
- Must be able to read hydraulic and electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
- Must be able to maintain logbooks, complete formal contractually required test documentation, and generate Test Discrepancy Reports.
- Must ensure compliance to applicable safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account