at Ring Container Technologies
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
To provide operational support by maintaining parts room inventories, work order progress, and CMMS accuracy. To utilize your skills and experience to foster new ideas and methodologies which will improve the overall operation of the parts room.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Ensure efficient and effective operation of the parts room is maintained.
- Ensure min / max levels of parts and supplies kept in inventory is adequate and accurate.
- Spot check inventory of parts and supplies on a weekly basis.
- Complete full inventory of parts and supplies each quarter.
- Order required parts in a timely manner to ensure continued plant operation.
- Responsible for verifying receipt of parts against purchase orders.
- Responsible of stocking inventory shelves/room with received parts.
- Work with maintenance technicians and operators to identify the inventory is adequate
- Communicate with suppliers and vendors via phone, in-person, and through e-mail.
- Maintain cleanliness of the parts room.
- Notify maintenance manager when parts inventory becomes low or reaches a critical level.
Utilize CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) to ensure efficient and effective operation of the parts room.
- Use CMMS to plan purchases and maintain inventory levels.
- Responsible for work order management to include the submitting/closing work orders based on work order tickets or request.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to CMMS.
- Ensure all parts and supplies are assigned to work orders and projects when removed from the parts room.
- Assist in training and development of other associates to ensure efficient and effective use of CMMS
Promote and participate in good housekeeping habits to ensure plant appearance exceeds management and customer expectations.
Communicate problems, progress reports and continuous improvement ideas to management staff, maintenance and production personnel.
Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
Responsible for their personal development by requesting regular meetings with their managers, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond their immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and establishing self development and performance goals with their managers.
Responsible for reporting quality, food safety, GMP, and food defense issues to their supervisor or a member of management.
Perform any necessary duties identified by plant management that involve the CMMS, parts room and maintenance support.
Provide other maintenance tasks to include minor TPM tasks, PM task as necessary or required.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
Our Parts Room Associate should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, business ethics, professionalism, self-motivation and the desire and focus to improve the business.
Our Parts Room Associate must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Ring Container Technologiesis an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information.