at Humana in Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
The Lead Developer takes a primary role in guiding the other developers on the team to meet the highest standards of Humana and industry coding best practice. The Lead Developer codes software applications and performs code reviews of teammates based on business and technical requirements. The Lead Developer work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Lead Developer is accountable for the architecture, development and quality assurance for software. The developer is responsible for designing and communicating proposed solutions to business and technical requirements. The developer is an integral part of the Scrum Team and is an active collaborator with testers and other developers. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations. Follows established agile guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience architecting, developing, and testing software applications
- Experience in a Lead or Senior Development role
- Experience with .NET Core, MVC, C#, CSS, JS Frameworks (VueJS, Angular, NodeJS), REST APIs, and Databases (SQL Server, NoSQL/Mongo)
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub, GIT, and CI/CD
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure, GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile (Scrum/Kanban), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Object Oriented Principles, and Continuous Improvement Processes
- Experience with Design Patterns, Dependency Injection, Web API 2 and Microservices
- Master’s Degree
- Azure Cloud Certifications
- Experience with modern cloud development (ex. Containers or Kubernetes)
- Experience in containerizing applications
- Experience and understanding in writing modern stateless cloud services
- Experience with migrating applications to the cloud
- Basic understanding of SOLID and DRY principals
- Experience with TDD, and Automated Build Processes
- Development experience using Visual Studio, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), NuGet Packages, JQuery, XML, JSON, HTML 5, and Browser Local Storage
- Experience with CheckMarx, Contrast, LaunchDarkly, and Automated Test Tools
- Experience using Feature Flags, and Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
- Experience with UI & UX Design, Prototypes, Scalability, etc.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
+ WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
+ A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
+ Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
+ A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our https://www.humana.com/legal/accessibility-resources?source=Humana_Website.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account