at Robert Half in southaven, Mississippi, United States
Description Robert Half is seeking an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk. The accounting team is growing quickly and is looking for someone interested in great career growth potential and a great benefits package. Entering, posting, and reconciling batches, researching and resolving customer A/R issues, preparing aging report, placing billing and collection calls, maintaining cash receipts journal, updating, and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L will be among the Accounts Receivable Clerk’s duties. Since the Accounts Receivable Clerk will handle 200+ invoices a week, they must be a self-starter with high attention to detail. This is a short-term contract / contract / temporary to permanent Accounts Receivable Clerk position and is based in the Southaven, Mississippi area.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Communicate, reinforce, and support the values, culture, and mission of the organization
- Identify delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. skip-tracing, written correspondence, phone contact, and making arrangements for payment
- Confirm documents and codes
- Execute a number of foundational accounting tasks in agreement with normal procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Provide information, as requested to the sales/marketing department, shippers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Take care of payments and compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports in compliance with GAAP
- Contact clients to help resolve payment issues; assist in setting up payment plans
- Reconcile bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in different ledgers Requirements – AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Efficient in ERP systems
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience desired
- General proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
- Strong attention to detail
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.