at ARAMARK in Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
The Lead Cook is responsible for cooking and preparing food using standard recipes and production guidelines while following food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The individual in this role should safely handle knives and equipment including grills, fryers, ovens, broilers, etc. The Lead Cook may supervise employees and delegate responsibilities. The responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Schedules and assigns daily work activities to staff and supervises the completion of tasks.
• Trains and guides staff on job duties, standard food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
• Cooks and prepares food following production guidelines and standardized recipes
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
• Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
• Safely uses all food utensils including knives
• Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
• Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meats, vegetables, and other foods
• Arranges, garnishes, and portions food following established guidelines
• Properly stores food by following food safety policies and procedures
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Maintains excellent customer service with a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Follows Aramark safety policies and procedures including food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
• Produces and maintains work schedules and may prepare production records.
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Previous supervisor experience in a related role preferred
• Experience as a cook or related role required
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision required
• Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
• Food safety certification required
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.