at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation and resolution of innovative and replicable transportation solutions in support of Operations, Sales and customers. Support growth and retention of profitable LTL business.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct analysis of complex data and information; draw comprehensive conclusions to design, develop and implement innovative solutions to solve business problems and deliver operational and customer benefits
2. Conduct research to provide analysis and solutions for issue resolution for strategic opportunities
3. Participate in and/or lead strategic initiatives that include other functional teams, internal and external customers
4. Manage and maintain progress on each project(s) to ensure deadlines and objectives are achieved
5. Design strategic solutions with stakeholders; providing guidance and direction to others for successful completion of projects
6. Design, lead and participate in initiatives to develop and sustain internal processes
7. Serve as resource and mentor to other team members
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other assignments and duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years' experience in transportation, distribution, fulfillment or supply chain management including both process and technology components
* Experience in the LTL industry preferred
* Knowledge of Sales relationships to other functional areas preferred
* Direct knowledge and understanding of Operational processes
* Must possess advanced analytical skills, be able to perform risk-analysis, with the ability to make decisions
* Solutions-oriented with advanced project management skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into quality solutions or alternatives
* Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with various levels of internal and external customers
* Self-motivated, assertive and persistent, with the ability to complete projects and assignments on time
* Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to various levels of internal and external customers
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Ability to operate in a highly-flexible work environment
* Must be able to travel
* Customer interaction including face to face meetings
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.