at CDM Smith in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is an engineering and construction firm delivering legendary service, smart solutions for the environment and infrastructure, and an unmatched experience for our clients and employees. Our firm works with clients around the world to implement solutions to meet current and future needs. The successful candidate will have significant experience leading and managing the design of mechanical projects.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. This position can be based out of any CDM Smith U.S. based office.
As a member of our Infrastructure and Services Group you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Preparing detail and/or general arrangement drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of pre-dominantly practical engineering knowledge. Determining material needs and performing necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references per firm’s standards.
- Preparing complete sets of construction drawings which may include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings indicating components of equipment, facilities, or systems where minimal information is provided by rough sketches and/or verbal outlines of requirements.
- Reviewing manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for aid in design documents. Providing lower-level design/drafting personnel with design sketches for preparation of finished design drawings, general layouts, and guidance in refining technical requirements.
- Providing technical guidance to lower-level design/drafting personnel and reviews completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s QA/QC standards and procedures.
- Interfacing, regularly, with other departments, clients, vendors, and project engineers in order to support project production. Also performing crosscheck of drawings to ensure consistency of drawings, cross sections, section placement layering guidelines, etc.
- Performing related fundamental engineering support tasks such as plotting drawings, preparing transmittals, preparing overnight packages, file management and/or, filing prints, distributing drawings, and assisting in making simple design calculations, proofreading reports, coordinating PDR/EDR and/or specifications with drawings, etc.
- Establishing design criteria for assigned phases of a project requiring the application of basic engineering principles, material properties, and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures.
- Providing general conceptual input to projects during the planning stages, and supports or leads field assignments as required. Assisting in writing preliminary design report.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent with vocational technical training in basic CADD drafting technology and/or 3D drafting.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of software platforms for piping computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) and intelligent modeling, outside of Plant 3D.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills with strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to be a flexible team player and have the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Possesses software experience in the use of Microsoft Office for design related tasks; as well as advanced working knowledge of the CADD drafting commands, and a solid working knowledge of 3D technologies.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, duringTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account