at ARAMARK in texarkana, Texas, United States
The Clinical Dietitian I provides overall nutrition care to patients and is considered an entry-level role. Assures that the nutritional needs of the individual patients are being met and that all documentation as it relates to the patient’s nutritional status is complete and accurate. Plans and administers activities related to resident/patient nutrition care, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and clients. Establishes and maintains effective multidisciplinary relationships to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
• Maintains dietetic registration, government-required credentials and/or licensure and continuing education requirements
• Conducts patient nutrition assessment on a population of varying levels of acuity patients
• Scope of practice may include both In-Patients (hospitalized) and Out-Patients (community/clinic-based)
• Manages the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process
• Conducts rounding to drive patient satisfaction
• Assesses educational needs and the presence of barriers to learning
• Provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods necessary to meet patient learning needs
• Utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns
• Evaluates achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family
• Provides appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient’s treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community, or home health services as appropriate
• Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents
• Works cooperatively with medical staff as well as food and nutrition services staff to ensure conformance to prescribed nutrition care orders
• Provides education that ensures compliance with food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards
• Provides appropriate and timely documentation that summarizes the nutrition care plan in a patient’s medical record, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, and progress towards goals
• Maintains clinical productivity standards and accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing
• Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution with course work accredited or approved by the appropriate nutrition and dietetics agencies
• Earn and maintain applicable certifications, registrations, licenses, credentials and continuing education requirements by the appropriate accredited local agencies
• Formal eligibility to practice dietetics in geographic location where applicable
Conditions of employment include busy hospital and outpatient settings, from patient rooms/floors to kitchen/serving areas.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account