at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Intern, Logistics Engineer to join the ArcBest team. The Intern, Logistics Engineer is responsible for analyzing customer and system level data to explain current trends and forecast future ArcBest yield. This position also provides analytical support for new and existing business opportunities and is responsible for developing innovative tools and processes to provide business insight and advance strategic yield initiatives.
This internship is for Summer of 2023.
Your contribution may include:
- Analyze and report on changes in yield and business profile.
- Identify and evaluate profit and yield improvement opportunities.
- Assist in the examination and efficiencies of existing and prospective business.
- Define data requirements, analyze, and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Prepare reports for Senior Leadership that defines and evaluates problems with recommended solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Participate in development and maintenance of system and process automation.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of strategic yield initiatives.
- Communicate clearly on each assignment while managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Improve quality, productivity, and effectiveness through the Quality Process.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish departmental and individual goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Intern, Logistics Engineer, you will be a member of the ArcBest Yield Strategy team in Fort Smith, AR. Work hours are generally between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with occasional irregular hours depending on workload. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Currently pursuing a college degree, preferably in Engineering or Mathematics.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Sufficient knowledge of computer models, computer-generated reports, and PC networking. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability