at ARAMARK in monroe, Louisiana, United States
Do you love to cook? Are you passionate about food? As a Cook on our team, you’ll help bring recipes to life while being able to flex your creativity! Surrounded by fresh ingredients and the best equipment, you’ll be immersed in a world that goes beyond food preparation – experimenting with different cuisines, flavors, and cooking styles. At Aramark, we care about your health, so we have production guidelines and safety procedures in place to help you do what you love. Get ready to reach new heights, ignite your passion, and pursue what matters by cooking with us!
• Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
• Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
• Safely uses a variety of utensils including knives
• Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
• Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
• Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
• Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including accurate food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Experience as a cook or in a related role required
• Validated knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as accurate food handling, sanitation, and storage
• Must be able to acquire food safety certification
• Demonstrate basic math and counting skills
• Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account