at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Provides administrative support for a department ensuring the flow of pertinent information that pertains to vendor invoices, vendor contracts, etc. Responsible for responding to the needs of customers, processing documentation that is required for equipment repair/maintenance and performing administrative/clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Process, coordinate and respond to customer requests for equipment repair/maintenance in an appropriate and timely manner, obtain additional information as needed and issue purchase orders or contracts to vendors; and provides information regarding invoice payments.
2. Interact with internal/external departments and vendors in support of established fleet equipment maintenance and repair parts and service programs
3. Communicate issues and status updates to vendors, field personnel and/or department management, as appropriate
4. Work with field personnel and coordinate steps required to establish new and renewal contracts for fleet maintenance services (Maintenance Support Advisors) in compliance with company policies
5. Process invoices relating to fleet equipment repairs, maintenance or parts
6. Maintain vendor information in FedEx Freight information systems
7. Support department administrative needs, which may include maintaining paper or electronic files, gathering data, distributing mail, ordering and maintaining supplies and answering phones; verify and complete required documentation and schedule meetings
8. Comply with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures
9. Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
High school Diploma or GED plus two (2) years of general office experience
Must be customer-service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good typing / data entry skills
Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
PC experience and ability to use Microsoft Office software
Able to handle confidential information
Able to work independently and as a team member
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.