at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
With moderate oversite, move freight in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner. Assist others in understanding and utilizing all resources to further enhance the most efficient method of moving freight. Coordinate roadside assistance throughout the linehaul network.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate/communicate all line-haul activity/goals in a district, utilize projections and allocate loads to drivers, route freight to save on-time and costs, handle overflows
2. Effectively educate service centers and drivers of policies and procedures outlined in driver's manual while ensuring compliance of all applicable laws/regulations
3. Communicate with other team members concerning any alteration to the line-haul structure affecting their district
4. Maintain computer record of all daily line-haul activity, monitor cube percentage, service percentage, weight of loads and delay times and report to field employees/management regarding previous day's Line Haul activities
5. Maintain contact with service centers throughout the line-haul cycle ensuring freight remains in cycle within designated lanes
6. Dispatch necessary personnel to drivers in emergency situations, give alternate routes to maintain service standards during inclement weather
7. Analyze breakdowns to determine most cost effective and timely course of action
8. Assist with TCHEK problems
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Two (2) years of college or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years of experience in operations, logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse or a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in logistics/transportation or distribution/warehouse
* Familiar with Federal Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and hazardous materials rules and regulations
* Must be detail oriented, able to react quickly, able to prioritize, and possess good interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of transportation software and geography
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Internet)
* Ability to make sound decisions
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Hours my vary due to linehaul and operational needs
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.