in Faulkner County, AR
Minimum Salary or Salary Range
up to $60,000
507000 - Institutional Research
The Research Associate is responsible for writing and maintaining programs that extract data from UCA’s Banner database and the Arkansas Division of Higher Education (ADHE) database in response to internal, external, state, and federal reporting requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Writes and updates reports for use by the campus community and the Institutional Research (IR) staff.
• Completes assigned projects with accuracy adhering to project deadlines.
• Provides reliable, relevant, and accurate data and information to facilitate planning, budgeting, program evaluation, and development of policy decisions.
• Learns ADHE report terminology and codes.
• Learns common IR terminology and definitions.
• Administers surveys to current students and past students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to extract data from database using various computer software applications.
- Ability to analyze data and identify inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and relationship-building skills required to provide information to state agencies, federal agencies, staff, and campus personnel and the ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse faculty, staff, and administrators in an environment that values shared governance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
Skills Considered Essential for Success
-Knowledge of the organization and administration of higher education.
-Knowledge of state, federal, and university rules, regulations and procedures.
-Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
-Ability to work collaboratively and independently with common goals as a part of a team.
-Ability to make sound judgments and assist in resolving student concerns.
-Effective interpersonal communication, writing, and organizational abilities.
-Civility in all interactions of a public or confidential nature.
-Demonstrate follow-up contacts and consultations in a timely manner.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with relational database management systems such as Oracle
- Basic Proficiency in SQL
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience working with higher education data.
- Statistical knowledge, such as linear regression modeling.
- Knowledge of Qualtrics or other survey software.
Desired start date
Physical Demands Checklist
Sitting, Standing, Lifting/Carrying, Walking
Administrative Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds, Primarily indoor work
Background Check Statement
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry, financial history background check and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Open Until Filled