at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Position can be domiciled in either Harrison, AR or Memphis HQ.
Responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules and financials. Including management of issues, risks and project changes to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead project(s) of high complexity, highly sensitive and/or with complex technical elements to ensure overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
2. Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project, procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframe. Ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope.
3. Manage a comprehensive and efficient process to establish priorities and milestones for project(s) that understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs with the use of innovative project management leadership
4. Manage all aspects of project engagement from the day-to-day project activities, resources and conducting project meetings to engagement with external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, changes, risks and issues
5. Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
6. Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
7. Analyze organizational, functional, team and/or project needs to provide recommendations including return on investment and cost-benefit analysis leading to successful strategies and execution plans
8. Report on project results, metrics, test and deployment management activities including milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues
9. Represent department in meetings and functions with all levels of employees including senior leadership
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience plus seven (7) years direct experience in quantitative/analytic business, project management, transportation operations, or process improvement profession
* Certifications such as SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Scaled Agilist (SA), or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred with two (2) years focused in strategic project management successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
* Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
* Advanced experience with business analysis techniques in a wide range of projects and complexities
* Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, leadership, project management, and training skills
* Strong presentation skills to communicate technical and non-technical strategies and solutions to all levels of management including executive leadership
* Demonstrated ability working with business capability and enterprise analysis
* Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
* Solid time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees including senior leadership
* Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
* Must be able to travel
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an... For full info follow application link.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.