at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
This position will be remote but hiring within the following regions (LOW, SGF, MHQ, NDA, KCY, OKC).
Manage all phases of Architectural design and contract administration to ensure optimization of the FedEx Freight (FXF) facilities network and implement robust design strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and continually evolve facility design documents to meet long-term operational need through collaborative alignment with Engineering, Operations and Fleet Maintenance leveraging sustainability opportunities as appropriate
2. Review construction drawings provided by a third party to ensure accuracy and develop and issue all developer supplemental instructions (DSI) for leased projects and Architect's supplemental instructions (ASI) for owned projects to ensure that the changes are applicable
3. Lead the overarching design, development, and issuance of all Request for Proposals (RFP) documents consisting of drawings, specifications, and addenda to ensure all bidders are knowledgeable of the complete scope and expectation of all construction projects that go out to competitive bid
4. Oversee the comprehensive interactions and influential role Facility Design plays in engagement with federal, state, and local jurisdictions in relation to permitting, code compliance and accessibility, as well as continuous alignment with FXF legal counsel pertaining to compliance, contract language and negotiation
5. Develop and evolve policies, procedures, job aids and ensure consistent application. Drive internal compliance and monitor reviews to mitigate risk and provide performance reporting
6. Participate in the development of facility capital and global expense long range outlook and annual budget and manage annually to fiscal plan
7. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
8. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor's degree in Architecture plus five (5) years' experience as an architect with concepts in the preparation of technical plans, drawing and bid documents; of which two (2) of those years leading design strategies and execution of new construction and expansion projects
Licensed as an architect
Strong strategic thinking, including abstract reasoning and critical thinking skills
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
Demonstrated experience using CAD, SketchUp, Revit, techniques and principles
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge of building material, construction methods, building codes and regulations
Experience effectively leading project teams, providing direction, guidance, and mentorship
Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
* Must be able to travel as needed
FLSA Status: [X] Exempt [ ] Non-Exempt
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.