at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Routinely lead and manage teams and/or projects/programs for Executives. Provide guidance and support of projects to include the development, communication of strategy and monitoring overall execution. Plan, organize and coordinate various initiatives and provide guidance through the application of process and project management, QDM principles and analytical techniques. Coordinate and review update to all levels of management including senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop Project Management Oversight (PMO) function to support to executive leadership and assist in setting project prioritization and resource allocation
2. Identify strategic improvement initiatives and utilize technology solutions to improve efficiencies and profitability
3. Design, develop and implement innovative solutions to complex situations independently and with teams
4. Act as a liaison between functional departments, operations, and customers, both internally and externally
5. Lead and participate cross functional and cross operating company teams; ensure needs of all parties are considered and recommendations are vetted with leadership
6. Develop detail project plans with timelines, deliverables and owners for key initiatives; monitor and assess performance against such plans
7. Champion key departmental initiatives to ensure consistent approaches in all areas of employee processes
8. Mentor and coach less senior staff
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in finance, accounting or business plus seven (7) years' experience in financial analysis, financial planning, business consulting, project management, accounting or operations analysis/management
* Demonstrated experience and skills utilizing QDM principles.
* Outstanding analytical skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
* Strong leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to create, prepare and present reports
* Ability to effectively lead project teams, provide direction, guidance, plus mentorship, as needed
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships throughout the organization
* Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable computer system/programs
* Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
* Must be able to travel as needed
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.