at Westrock Company in Conway, Arkansas, United States
WestRock makes consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with customers on everything from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together.
Quality Technician (Food & Beverage)
The Quality Technician position performs quality functions by ensuring products meet quality standards set by WestRock and the Customer. QT will be working directly with production, Quality Manager, and the Customer Service Department. Will be responsible for calibration and maintenance of testing equipment. Performing Quality Audits, Customer Audits, and Regulatory Audits. Pulling, mailing, filing samples and performing quality test to ensure consistency of incoming material and testing of all required production. Coordination with Quality Manager to rework material and lead sorting/rework process. Will work closely with the Quality Manager to lead improvement teams, complaint management/resolution, and other duties as assigned to meet business needs. Assist in maintaining Quality Program and SQF certification.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Internal/External complaint management
· Lead rework/sorting process
· Calibration and Maintenance of testing equipment
· Data analysis General problem solving
· Assist Defect Elimination Team
· Ensure plant meets SQF and Quality standards in both documentation and current processes. Assist with facility audits
· Corrective action development and implementation
· Incoming material inspection
· Other duties as assigned
Requirements/ Job Skills
· Detailed Oriented
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills – Multi-taking is a must.
· Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, Access)
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university preferred, or
· Knowledge of the carton folding industry
· Communication, Leadership, Strategic and Tactical Planning, Problem Solving
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Data Analysis, Statistical Methods
· Will need to complete computer skills assessment
· Obtain Internal Auditor certification
· Certify for SQF (Safe Quality Foods) practitioner
· Occasional travel required
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account