at Goodwill (Rogers) in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
To assist the store manager and assistant manager with the day-to-day store operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. Responsible for opening/closing store, daily bank deposits, keeping register stocked with adequate change, addressing customer/donor needs/complaints Store Manager's or Assistant Manager’s absence. Occasionally supervises store employees and temporary employees. May also supervise community service workers and volunteers on a limited or as needed basis.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Occasionally supervises staff, giving them oral and written communications regarding work performance as necessary. May have more supervisory responsibility if the manager or assistant manager is absent or on vacation. Motivates employees to reach production guidelines. May assist with conducting workplace orientations for new hires as needed. Ensures that all personnel files are adequately secured.
2. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
3. Monitors and controls the receiving, pricing, displaying, and selling of store merchandise within price ranges established by Goodwill management.
4. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
5. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments and authorizes voids, returns, exchanges and credit for merchandise. Balances cash register receipts, prepares daily bank deposits and maintains records of store transactions for each business day as scheduled. Ensures that correct sales reports are submitted on a daily basis, as directed by the manager or assistant manager.
6. Participates in the store's loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
7. Initiates and completes personnel and payroll records in a timely manner as well as other paperwork required in the day-to-day operations of the store, in the absence of the store manager and assistant manager.
8. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by practicing good housekeeping practices or delegating those tasks to store employees.
9. Keeps employees' daily attendance records and forwards employees' requests for absences and vacations to the VP of Donated Goods, in the absence of the manager or assistant manager.
10. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwill's attendance policy.
11. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies and ensures compliance by employees, community service workers, volunteers and trainees.
12. Acts as a positive role model for employees, trainees, and customers in all respects of professional development.
13. Ensures the store is open and operational during designated hours of operation.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned