at Cox Enterprises in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Automotive Technician I
If youve got a knack for getting vehicles back on track from bumper to bumper, you might be right for this gig as an Automotive Tech for Manheim, part of the Cox Automotive family of businesses. For this job, were looking for a masterful mechanic whose automotive tech chops are top-shelf, and can repair, fine tune, replace and make vehicles run in tip-top shape.
What Youll Do
From taking cars apart to putting them together, youll use your tools and talent to turn problems into profit for our clients and Manheim. Here are just a few of the fuel-injected fixes youll be asked to drive home:
- Perform preventive maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel filter, transmission flush, and inspect vehicle for mechanical flaws, as well as changing and repairing tires.
- Depending upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical systems, state safety inspections, interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components, etc.
- May repair and maintain shop equipment.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records. May up fit vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Know and follow all safety procedures.
Whats In It For You?
- Lets face it, you cant get the job done without the right tools. At Manheim, youll be working with some of the best tools around, which will allow you to help each car live its best life.
- Cox is a big believer in developing leaders from within the company, and once youre with us, well support your efforts to find an ideal mentor, train for other opportunities, and make moves within the business that support your goals. Whether youre looking to accelerate your path, or shift gears, were here to fuel your journey. When it comes to your career, we care about the details.
- Youll be rewarded with competitive pay and generous incentives. If youre full-time, theres tons of other perks youve come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not expect (e.g., tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (crazy cool, right?) and much more)
- As part of the Cox team, youll be a part of a culture that puts people first, and believes in being a force for good in our communities as well as for the planet (more specifically - Earth, though we like them all).
Who You Are
Youre confident with the right tools in your hand, and you can bring vehicles back to life with your abilities to repair and restore. Youre cool behind the wheel of any kind of ride, and take great care with how you drive. Youre comfortable with all the rigors that come with working on a vehicle outdoors and in the elements -- and believe that the best way to raise your game is to take advantage of training opportunities as they roll your way.
- High school diploma or GED (or 1+ years of related work experience servicing vehicles instead of the degree).
- Ability to drive standard and automatic transmission vehicles.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record.
- Continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach, talk, hear, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, squat, climb, and tolerate excess noise levels and car exhaust.
- Vision requirements: close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us... For full info follow application link.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.