at Granite Construction Incorporated
Job DescriptionBuilding a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
This position is responsible for setting up and operating manually controlled machines; skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair, and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment. Shop work in Stuttgart, no travel required.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Reads and interprets blueprints
Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites.
Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
Recognizes, deploys and uses inserts, fixtures and tooling.
Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
Abides by all safety procedures and protocols.
Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
- Technical school certification preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with CNC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Proficient in basic math.
- Working knowledge of industry tools and equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a small hand tools.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.