at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Lead Communications Technician to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Lead Communications Technician requires expert level proficiency in all duties related to implementation of communications systems, and is a leadership role with significant responsibilities concerning direction and guidance of communications systems implementation. This position provides assistance to ABTech Information Services personnel and to ABTech Technical Services personnel through systems administration, resource configuration, research of new technologies and problem resolution, and assists the Manager with coordinating on-going and research activities of communications systems. The Lead Communications Technician participates as a team member in the overall support of ArcBest communications systems and maintains communication with other team members where necessary concerning status of projects, research, and problem determination. This position reports to the management team in the form of weekly status reports as well as other verbal and written communication.
Your contribution may include:
- Plan and manage communications systems installations and upgrades at all ArcBest campuses.
- Provide communications systems consultation services across all ArcBest subsidiaries.
- Install, operate, maintain, and monitor communication systems and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software problems related to communications equipment.
- Maintain records for communication system maintenance and billing support.
- Oversee vendor service requests.
- Provision wireless devices and services.
- Review and recommend wireless pricing and contract terms.
- Implement standards, procedures, and processes for the telecommunications group as developed by the Manager, Communications.
- Design network cabling and electrical wiring plans for both new and remodel construction projects as required for network equipment.
- Review and amend construction blueprints for new facilities.
- Manage installation, maintenance, and repair of existing communications equipment.
- Develop training plans for new and existing communications employees.
- Design and diagram communications infrastructure requirements.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Lead Communications Technician, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Communications team. Your work hours will vary based on scheduling. Market coverage is provided 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Central time Monday through Friday. This position is subject to 24 hour on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis and availability as needed. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems (or equivalent field) or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum, ten years’ experience in communication systems; preferably in the ABTech environment.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of voice over internet protocol (VOIP) network architecture. Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams. Knowledge of various analog and digital signaling systems. Expert knowledge of advanced call routing. Broad understanding of network technologies. Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account