at Conway Regional Heath System in Conway, Arkansas, United States
The Registered Nurse (RN) will assume responsibility and accountability for care of infants, children, adults and geriatric patients with health care needs ranging from those requiring outpatient and inpatient intervention to the critically ill. The RN will aid in preparing the patient for their surgical procedure. The PACU nurse is responsible for assessing the patient, should have a thorough knowledge of pain medication and be able to make judgment and assessments when it comes to pain, vomiting or trouble breathing. The PACU RN is responsible for knowing advanced cardiac life support as well as PALS. PACU nurses work in a high-pressure, fast-pace environment, making quick decisions. The RN will utilize the nursing process in the provision of care and will practice within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and the policies, procedures and standards of the Health System. The RN will demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through effective collaboration efforts.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION:
This position is a designated as “Safety Sensitive Position” under Act 593 of the State of Arkansas. An employee who is under the influence of Marijuana constitutes a threat to patients/customers which Conway Regional is responsible for in providing and supporting the delivery health care related services.
• Registered Nurse with current, active license to practice in Arkansas
• One year experience as a Registered Nurse required
• BSN preferred
• If less than one year experience as a Registered Nurse, must obtain a BSN degree within 4 years of hire.
• Certification Preferred
• Proof of high school or equivalent or higher education
• Basic keyboarding skills, preferred
• Minimum of two years RN experience in a PACU, ER or Critical Care setting.
Street: 2302 College Ave
Department Code: 1.6213 Pre-Op/PACU