at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
The Manager, Business Applications is responsible for leading a team of Analysts specifically in the areas of Oracle Financials, Procurement, Projects, and related integrations. The Manager will partner with key global stakeholders to intake, prioritize, evaluate and analyze system enhancement needs, research solutions, develop user requirements, test, implement, and communicate the business needs to development team. Working closely with development teams (internal and external) to assure timely solutions are delivered according to the specifications and implementation needs of the business. The Manager will act as a player/coach, facilitating and delivering projects themselves as well as managing a team of six. The preferred candidate will have strong systems development and management skills with hands-on experience implementing Oracle ERP and other business systems in a project centric environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reviews proposed projects, prioritization, and implementation of technologies, processes, and systems to support the enterprise-wide ERP strategy.
• Communicate effectively with business leaders to guide decision-making on solution options.
• Support and manage incident and enhancement requests from end user for new functionality, reports, KPI’s, and dashboards, and maintain proper system access for user roles.
• Support deployment and implementation of future ERP phases and integration with other technologies on the ERP & Business System Roadmap
• Participates in all stages of software implementation including planning, requirements gathering, researching solutions, design, configuration/development, testing, rollout and maintenance.
• Work closely with development teams (internal and external) to assure timely solutions are delivered according to the specifications and implementation needs of the business
• Support multiple simultaneous parallel projects managing analyst resources on projects from kick off through implementation
• May manage application vendor relationships.
• Manages and develops a team of IT ERP analysts responsible for implementing and upgrading system applications software.
• Manages resource allocation and assigns appropriate staff to technology projects to meet project milestones.
• Evaluates performance, mentors and plans career paths, approves paid time off and training, ensures Human Resources policies are followed and makes recommendations for staffing decisions.
• Be aware of the latest software developments and determine ways software can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful.
• Ensure that system & related process changes meet all applicable compliance requirements.
• Partners with business users to access opportunities for continuous improvement and advise on system solution options, risks, and priorities.
Manager, Business Applications (Remote Option)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10 years of related experience with at least 2 of those years in a management or supervisory capacity.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the
position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of delivering enterprise information system implementations including requirements gathering, functional design, configuration, and integration expertise with Oracle R12, Oracle Cloud (Fusion), and Oracle EPM specifically in a project centric environment.
• Hands-on work experience with delivery and support of Oracle e-Business Suite and EPM (R12 and/or Fusion).
• Able to manage multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment.
• Working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles (GAAP And SOx), concepts, processes, and applications.
• Proven ability to collaborate across the entire organization (business, IT, and 3rd party vendors) with multiple stakeholders, with communication skills to speak appropriately to all parties
• Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, organizational, and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills – MS Office, MS Visio, and MS PowerPoint.
• Strong Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid people management and leadership skills.
• Proven track record of leading, mentoring and coaching analysts.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.