at Altec Inc in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Why Join Altec?
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world.
The purpose of this position is to assist technicians with repairs and preparing units for customer delivery. Serves in a non-technical role not requiring specialized skill or autonomy. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is adhering to the Altec Company Values.
Please send resume to [email protected]
And apply now at https://jobs.altec.com
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to satisfactorily complete all required/assigned training
- Ability to seek out appropriate associate for assistance
- Ability to drive motor vehicles and operate forklifts
- Physical effort is required to move objects that may weigh up to 75 pounds
- Frequent stooping, bending, squatting and kneeling are required to service and repair equipment
- A high level of dexterity is required in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
- Overtime and shift work may be required
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; improper handling may have effect on operational results; must often deal with matters requiring explanation and obtaining of approvals
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from workstations and other areas
- Holds or gathers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies for other workers
- Moves vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, and other objects for assembly or installation, using hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
- Adjusts, maintains, and repairs tools, equipment, and machines, and assist skilled workers with similar tasks.
- Maintains work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
- Performs all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec Safety practices and procedures.
- Notifies technicians or supervisors of situations that may impact a customer relationship.
- Provides accurate and sufficient information on all required documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity