at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
*This position can be located anywhere in the United States.
• Under supervision, performs basic to moderate complexity calculations, modeling, data analysis, designs, and/or other similar evaluations for water resources projects with a particular focus on Riverine and coastal floodplain analyses through hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, risk assessment, and/or hazard mitigation.
• Provides technical guidance reviews work, and provides training to more junior staff. Reviews the work of more junior staff.
• Utilizes CDM Smith Technical Knowledge Management (TKM) systems and material.
• May pose technical questions that support the development of the TKM body of knowledge. May support TKM content development as directed.
• Performs other duties as required.
• May create presentation materials for a conference, webinar, or other technical luminescence opportunities.
Water Resources Engineer 4
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Civil, Coastal or Chemical Engineering or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer). 5 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with the FEMA RiskMap program preferred
• Preferred proficiency in ARC-GIS software.
• Preferred experience in flood mitigation systems design and assessment.
• Preferred experience in FEMA Risk MAP program and floodplain management.
• Preferred experience in hazard mitigation.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of GIS software and practices. Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineering principles of design. Intermediate knowledge of hydraulics as appropriate for technical work. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Solid knowledge of other support tools such as mathematical models, scripting languages, etc.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum: