at Martin/Martin, Inc. in Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a structural engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group in our Northwest Arkansas office in Bentonville, Arkansas. This engineer will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of project types with many different structural materials. This position will include opportunities to gain experience in both new design and the investigative and forensic market. The investigative and forensic work will focus on building assessment, concrete repair, non-destructive testing, structural repair, and renovation.
A typical work week can include engineering calculations, drawing development, client meetings, Construction Administration tasks, and site visits. Projects are typically located in the Northwest Arkansas area but can sometimes take us nationally, offering the opportunity to travel. This position allows for interactions with owners, architects, and contractors along with opportunities for marketing activities.
We operate in a dynamic environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as an engineer. The successful candidate will develop expertise in a broad range of structural engineering skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, work as part of a team, and produce high-quality designs for our clients.
About Martin/Martin, Inc.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the 1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is about exciting projects, shared ownership, informed staff and a commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and private redevelopment entities, architects, homebuilders, state and federal agencies, land developers and special districts in Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Vision Coverage
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Earned Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Committee Involvement (Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Recreation)
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski days)
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Opportunity to Work on Exceptional Projects
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Strong working knowledge of building and material codes and how to effectively apply them.
- Produce high-quality project documentation using computer design and graphics software programs.
- Assist Project Manager in construction administration tasks such as shop drawing review, performing field observations, and responding to Requests for Information.
- Actively participate in personal professional development through researching code requirements, asking insightful questions, completing reference research, and attending technical training seminars.
- Collaboratively engage with other Martin/Martin staff to provide exceptional engineering solutions for our clients.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years (or Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years) of progressive structural engineering experience.
- Master's degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on Structures.
- Instills confidence in communication and technical skills.
- Ability to design, detail, coordinate, and manage small to medium size projects within time allotments and within project budgets.
- Experience following multiple engineering projects from start of design through completion of construction.
- Demonstrates time management skills to plan and execute projects.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to continued personal growth and development in all aspects of their work.
- Participating member of professional and/or technical society.
- Regularly attends training to advance knowledge of consulting engineering practice.
- Highly desirable to have a PE in the state of Arkansas.
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination (or a request for medical/religious exemption) shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status