at Leonardo DRS, Inc. in West Plains, Missouri, United States
Job ID: 104447
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
DRS Land Systems is seeking a Technician I Manufacturing to provide technical support to engineers and scientist on complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment. The primary goal of this position is to support quality inspections and continuous improvement initiatives on parts manufactured in our facility.
• Primary responsibilities include performing Quality inspections on weldments, machined components, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies, painted components and/or electrical components and assemblies.
• Perform inspections with common inspection tools. Duties may require mastery of complex inspection tools i.e., coordinate measuring machine, gage arm, laser measurement devices, etc.
• Must assist in documentation, containment, and disposition of discrepant product.
• Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
• Responsibilities may include facilitating testing, troubleshooting failure modes, and coordinating repair activities as required on complex electromechanical systems.
• Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, test plans, technical orders, engineering specifications and sketches
• Test prototype assemblies and production units
• Capable of coordinating related manufacturing processes
• Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules
• Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
• Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
• Perform Key Performance Indicators:
o Meet production deadlines
o Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
o Raw material stock levels
o Compliance outcomes
• Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
• Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have good hand and eye coordination
• Must be able to read hydraulic and electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
• Must be able to use common inspection tools (i.e calipers, bore mics, tape measures, etc)
• Must be able to understand and follow basic dimensioning and tolerancing principles. Experience with geometric dimensions and tolerancing desired.
• Must insure compliance to applicable safety regulations and contractual requirements.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• NDT and/or weld certification desired
• Paint and/or Machining experience desired
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families, and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Leonardo DRS is taking action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated, unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.