at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is a global privately owned engineering and construction firm providing legendary client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy, and facilities. With 75 years in operation, CDM Smith currently has over 5,000 employees, has delivered over 150,0000 projects for over 20,000 clients in over 150 countries.
CDM Smith is seeking to enhance our team to primarily support the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), their districts, and their Field Operating Activities, especially, the Institute for Water Resources (IWR). Projects include conducting water resources planning, policy, and economic studies, and providing technical assistance on risk planning and management, coastal storm damage protection, climate change, asset management, hydrologic/hydraulic planning and engineering, and sediment management. Projects are located throughout the U.S. and its territories.
Flexible geographic location or full-remote position with some travel as needed.
Management Specialist 6 (Programs, FEMA)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Master’s degree in economics, geography, planning, environmental science, water resources engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in water resources planning and policy, regulatory guidance and support, coastal resilience and disaster recovery, ecosystem restoration, and/or environmental compliance.
- Technical experience with USACE or on similar topics with another Federal agency.
- Previous experience with USACE to support national water planning and policy or other related federal agency program experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a FEMA Badge, which includes a background investigation for a Public Trust position
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account