at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Who we are
ArcBest Technologies, an ArcBest® company, is an innovative technology company that provides custom-built solutions and leading-edge technologies that help our customers and suppliers successfully navigate the complex supply chain landscape. Our team is made up of highly engaged and creative tech and analytical professionals – engineers, mathematicians, data scientists, software developers, information system specialists and more – who create smart solutions that deliver value to our customers and keep the global supply chain moving. We’re building the future of logistics.
ArcBest Technologies is headquartered in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Our people are at the heart of our success, and we offer a workplace that embraces all cultures, perspectives, and experiences – so we can provide the best atmosphere for our employees and the best service to our customers. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Electrical Engineer to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing system and component level electrical requirements, designing/integrating/testing energy storage, power distribution, and embedded control systems for robotics applications while interfacing with mechanical, mechatronics and software engineers to minimize cost, size, and weight while maximizing function. This position solves business problems by using innovation modeling, mathematical modeling, engineering principals, Automation/Robotics, Lean Six Sigma, computer programming, business knowledge, or other advanced analytical skills. This position also acquires team resources and coordinates team efforts to deliver results on projects/processes that are part of the strategic plan for ArcBest and its subsidiaries. The Electrical Engineer provides clear and concise project definition, scope, action plans, and communication as well as develops solutions designed to meet project goals while ensuring quality throughout processes.
Your contribution may include:
- Responsible for schematic design, printed circuit board (PCB) layout, and review of multi-layer PCB assemblies.
- Identify the specification of appropriate components including embedded controls, analog and digital components, wiring harnesses and connectors.
- Prototype breadboarding and bench testing of proposed designs.
- Complete documentation of all designs, including block diagrams, schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions and testing procedures.
- Work with mechanical, mechatronics and software control engineers to satisfy system requirements.
- Assemble, test, and debug first article hardware and track necessary revisions.
- Design, develop, and enhance electrical systems for mobile robots and other electro-mechanical systems.
- Perform electrical/mechanical engineering design tasks relating to wire harness/cable design and the interconnecting of electronic equipment.
- Interpret the detailed component performance spec (PS) and Interface Control Drawing (ICD), including assembly manufacturing drawings, parts lists, cable design, and engineering change support.
- Monitor failure modes from the field deployments and working on quality improvements through the product lifecycle.
- Conduct research, documenting findings, and presenting reports at meetings.
- Identify areas of weakness in the production line or finished products and making recommendations for improvement.
- Understand client briefs and develop solutions for any issues identified in those briefs.
- Selects the required tools and materials for the manufacturing process.
- Attend workshops, training sessions, and conferences to network with others and stay on top of field advancements.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Electrical Engineer, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Technology Research and Development team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field. Master’s degree, preferred.
Experience: Zero to two years’ experience in related field, preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 4 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account